Access Statement – Granary Cottage
Our self catering cottage is on one side of a courtyard set 50 metres back from the road between Cardington and Church Preen. The location is very rural with extensive views, there is one other cottage on the site and our own home.
- We have a comprehensive website with detailed descriptions and photographs.
- Please call or email if you require further information, large print is available upon request.
- Booking enquiries can be made from the website or by email or letter, please telephone to confirm bookings in all cases.
- All bookings will be confirmed to you in writing.
- All guests are provided with written directions to the cottage.
- Buses are available but infrequent and can be stopped on the road for pickup.
- Church Stretton railway station is 9 miles.
- The nearest garage and supermarket is 5 miles in Much Wenlock.
- The nearest pub is in Cardington-3 miles.
- Local taxis are available.
- Mobile phone reception is available outside the buildings.
- The nearest RADAR toilet is in Much Wenlock, St Mary’s lane car park.
- All internal doors are 74cm by 196cm.
- All light switches are 140 high.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- There is adequate space to park two cars directly outside the cottage.
- The surface is ashphalt and concrete
- There are two steps down to the cottage entrance 5cm and 20cm through a gap 90cm and then, after 90cm one step up to the door25mm.
- The door is 80cm wide left hand hinged and opens 90 deg.
- The kitchen is263cm wide by 380cm deep, access through the entrance door is restricted to 74cm.
- The floor is ceramic tiled.
- To the left there is a worktop and four star fridge 60cm wide, to the right is a work-top housing built in oven and hob, dishwasher 50cm wide, drawer unit, cupboard and kitchen sink / drainer and a washing machine, there are wall mounted cupboards above and a microwave etc.
- Maximum clear space between units is 142cm by 280cm.
- There is a window overlooking the courtyard, a double door opening into the lounge 79cm wide, a storage cupboard at the back with vacuum cleaner etc.
- There are four ceiling spotlights, switches located 140cm above the floor level.
- The lounge is 412cm by 465cm
- There is a three seat sofa and two matching single chairs to the right of the entrance, coffee table, comprehensive bookcase with radio/ / cd player, tv unit with freeview box and dvd player.
- There is an oval dining table with four chairs to the left of the entrance door.
- There are two twin wall lamps a picture lamp and two table lamps.
- On the wall adjacent to the kitchen is a radiator, there is an electric feature fire located opposite the entrance door.
- Each wall of the lounge has a window. The window opposite the door is a fire escape window.
- The floor is ceramic tiled with a large rug centrally placed.
- The stairs to the upstairs rooms are accessed from the back of the kitchen.
- The staircase is 70cm wide with a single handrail to the left hand side and has two left hand turns to reach the landing, there are 12 treads 20cm high.
- There is a window to the right half way up the stairs that illuminates the landing.
- The upstairs landing is 110cm by 415cm, all upstairs floors are pine with rugs. There are doors off to two bedrooms, a storage cupboard with hot water tank and wardrobe facility, and the bathroom.
- There is a handrail to the left overlooking the stairs and window.
- There are three ceiling spotlights.
- There is a storage chest with 5 drawers 65cm x 40cm x 100cm facing the stairs.
- The bedroom is 310cm by 475cm There is a 54inch double bed located against the right hand wall with a bedside table each side, maximum access is 50cm either side of the bed.
- There are two table lamps and a clock radio on the bedside tables.
- On the far wall is a window and double wardrobe to the left.
- On the left hand wall is a radiator and a shelf 25cm wide the length of the wall and a Velux roof window.
- On the left hand adjacent wall is a dressing table 100cm by 45cm by 75cm high with a table lamp, a hair dryer is provided with sockets above the dressing table.
- Maximum clear space on entering the room is 275cm by 205 cm.
- The second bedroom is 270cm by 232cm
- To the left is a dressing table 100cm x 45cm x 75cm high, a radiator and single bedroom chair.
- Opposite is a large Velux fire escape window with small bedside table and table lamp.
- To the right are two adult sized bunk beds. Each mattress 190cm x 90cm
- There are two ceiling spotlights and an extendable reading lamp for the top bunk.
- The maximum clear space is 220cm by 120cm.
- The bathroom is 240cm by 165cm
- To the left is a quadrant shower cubicle with sliding twin door 70cm by 70cm, the step up is 30cm , there is a shower lamp above. There is a washbasin 80cm high with mirror above and mirror lamp with shaving socket.
- On the opposite wall is toilet suite with Velux window above and adjacent laundry basket.
- To the right is a heated towel rail.
- The maximum clear space is 110cm by 110cm
- The garden at the rear of the cottage is for Granary guest use only
- The area is all lawn covered, other than an inset patio 240cm by 240 cm which is provided with a garden table 140cm by 70cm and two matching bench seats.
- There are extensive views.
- Guests should note that the lawn may not be accessible during winter months
- The premises are non smoking.
- We do not accept any pets.
- A welcome pack and local information leaflets are provided upon arrival.
- There is a recycling area located in the first stable adjacent to the cottage which guests are encouraged to use.
- A tumble dryer and chest freezer are also available in the stable for communal guest use.